Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Tweedy Returns Fire



One day after the Chicago Tribune reported that former Wilco member Jay Bennett is suing frontman Jeff Tweedy, Tweedy is speaking out.

Bennett is seeking royalties and claiming Tweedy didn't have permission to include him in the 2002 Wilco documentary I Am Trying To Break Your Heart.

Here's the text of Tweedy's statement, posted Tuesday by Paste magazine:

"I know exactly as much as everyone else does. I've read the news and I honestly have no idea what these claims are based on. It was such a long time ago. Aside from everything else, I'm being sued for not paying someone for appearing in a movie I didn't produce. Go figure. I am truly sad it has come to this. I am equally convinced, however, that I have done nothing wrong and that this will be handled fairly and swiftly."

Seriously? Tweedy didn't produce that movie.

- SoR

No comments: